VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

A LAZY EVENING IN THE OFFICE
HESITATION TO FURTHER AN ATTRACTION
GROUNDED
A CHANGE IN PLANS
CONTEMPLATING ON A THURSDAY AFTERNOON
ESCAPADES (2)
ESCAPADES
INQUISITION
MOVING ON
DEFIANT

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, October 19, 2005

MISSING A LOT OF THINGS (FICTION)

I miss driving in my car while I listen to my current favorite songs, in the wee hours of the morning I drive and think of things long past, nostalgia hits me and I seek the comfort of being alone and a bottle of vodka cruiser.
I take a break and stop over at south super highway Petron or Shell gas station. I think back and look into the future; what the future may hold for me; dreams, I think about it and see it, wanting to grasp it only to wake from the drowsiness and decide to head back home.
On my drive home I see automobile accidents, minutes or moments may have just passed when it happened and I know this will be in the morning news. I feel my time is running out because it reminds me that you can’t control your life no matter how you have meticulously planned it all.
I miss driving home and calling to see if any of you are still awake and I pick you up and we’d drive towards Quezon avenue and have a potato cutlet and chelo kabab at Mister Kabab’s.
I miss the conversations we’d share, the chill of the morning, and the ride towards that view to watch the dawn. Let me know if you miss me too, let me know if you look back to those moments when you see a raspberry flavored vodka cruiser.
I need the humor you bring in my life, I need the sentiments and thoughts that you provide me, the witty banters and the moments of affection that our friendship brings. Come a little closer, embrace me and let me know that I’m not dreaming this at all, that I’m beside you once again. I need to feel you right here.
I miss the flicker I see in your eyes when you relate to me what your wants are, I miss the spark I see in your eyes when you make a point in our heating discussions, but most of all I miss the boom of your laughter, I’m afraid I’ve forgotten how contagious it could be.
Do you remember our drive back to your home, breakfast near a fast food chain, sausage and muffins smothered with strawberry jam and hot chocolate to drink? I see it, those care free times that we share, you’re right beside me once again; nodding as the sun begins to sting our skins.
I nudge you gently to wake you and briefly you smile before you open your eyes, perfect teeth gleaming in the sun, a close up moment, you think? I think not and I laugh at the thought. I get out and open the door for you and you hug me longingly dear friend. We utter words of seeing you soon and missing you.
Breathing seems easier since I have you in my life, moments of loneliness shatter, the music fades as I lie at home and sleep takes me finally at noon.

posted by vinz @ 1:50 PM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home