VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

NO FURTHER QUERIES PLEASE
A PRAYER FOR STRENGTH AND HOPE
WEARY FROM ALL THIS CRAP
CAUGHT IN THE ACT *fiction*
JUST A DATE WITH A TWIST *fiction*
QUESTIONS LEFT UNANSWERED
BURNT
FRIENDSTER PROFILE
The Glass Prison By Dream Theater
A CASUAL DAY

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Thursday, June 15, 2006

HISTORY

It's been more than a decade since my siblings and I went back to the Philippines to study. Our aunt (from my mother's side) who stayed in our home was to look after and care for us however; the decision we made in going back to the Philippines still haunts me to this day.

I didn't know my siblings and I were to be bombarded with mental and physical abuse from my aunt. She manipulated us in such a way that we thought that we should thank her with the way she treated us, for disciplining us on how to live in the motherland.

She said that our parents were only sending this much and we should keep a tight budget and if we wanted extra convenience we should pay for it from our allowance.

Little did my siblings and I knew that my parents were sending the bulk of their salary to us and they were left with little comfort to spare living in the Middle East.

My mom missed us the most and called often. We put up a front that everything is fine and that we're okay since, my aunt always was present listening to our conversations.

My siblings and I drifted apart during these times and we fought at each other due to my Aunt's influence. I got into trouble at school, got into fights, almost broke someone's nose...

It was in December when my parents visited and slowly my mom took notice of how we looked, the scars I had and with my siblings due to insect bites and the "disciplining" my aunt did to us.

My Aunt pocketed the money my parents sent.

My Mom's intuition didn't fail her and soon there was a fight, my bitch of an Aunt left in the middle of the night along with the money she stole. My parents decided to stay in the Philippines for good.

However; my father eventually had to leave again to the Middle East since, our income couldn't support our expenses especially with my older brother and I attending college. My father didn't attend my graduation in high school nor could he attend my graduation in college and it was the same with my older sibling.

My mom soon left for the Middle East as well when she knew my older brother and I could handle ourselves living alone hence, living apart from them from 2000 to 2005. My father needed my Mother and vice versa. My mom needed at least one of her children with her and it was just right that my youngest sibling went back to the Middle East to finish high school, and then eventually a two year certificate course in college (he was at the top of his batch when he graduated). He'll soon be finishing a four year course next school year and by then, he'd accumulated roughly 4 years of work experience as a technical support engineer in reputable international courier company.

I've been through a lot and because of my experience from my aunt's mental and physical abuse I have qualms when people raise their voices at me. It's like reliving past experiences all over again and I don't want to suck it all up, I can't help but want to get back for what wrong was done to me, I tend to lash out. I didn't deserve to be treated in that way; no one should ever deserve something like that.

Normally I can withstand it; the shouting, the raised voices however; I've had too much stress, I've reached my limit, I need my vacation.

posted by vinz @ 4:08 AM
| Post a Comment

4 Comments:

  1. At 6:57 PM, Blogger paninigirl said…

    oh dear. i hope you are well, and gets the much needed vacation. i feel for you, stress and all, and the need to just go away for a while to gather yourself again. take care always and keep the faith!!

     

  2. At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Another silly question -- di ka pa din nakakapag-bakasyon sa Pilipinas 'till now? :O

     

  3. At 4:53 PM, Blogger vinz said…

    yah.. sucky isn't it? hehehe

     

  4. At 3:00 AM, Blogger Steffi said…

    it's sucky how sometimes, it's a family member who ends up betraying you. =P

    sana makahabol ka bakasyon. sabay ka kay jet. =) tapos enchanted tayo! =D ililibre pa kita ng cotton candy. =) miss ko na kayo!

     

  5. Post a Comment

    << Home