VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

YOU AND I COLLIDE
Stray Amidst Slinking Facets
THis EntRy is About you
RAVAGED
LURCHING
CURSES
CHAPTER 1 (A NOVEL: UNTITLED)
DREAMS AND SCENTS
:cRAp:
BLAB

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Sunday, December 11, 2005

PREORDAINED NOTIONS

For someone who’ve gotten used to living alone for three years and being independent from their parents –to a degree, for seven years, living with them again brings back memories as well as old habits that I have grown out of.
In a different perspective it’s comforting however, as for me, I feel like I’m diverting to someone I don’t want to become. I’ve always been different from my siblings preferring to be alone most of the time and being privy to my friends.
My friends’ parents sometimes ask me how I do it: Living alone and being able to care for myself, the fact of the matter is I don’t think about it, I’ve gotten used to it and I’ve always viewed life differently than the rest. I’ve always assumed that I’ll accomplish something without knowing how but, have a rough plan as to how to get there. Landing this job that I have is a testament to that way of thinking.
I have a problem of letting go, that I suppose is my pet peeve. My college years are proof of that and I can recount a number of instances where I’ve had qualms with letting go; from little to huge matters. I know I need to change that and I’ve been trying for the past decade. However, being here and having to live through a lot of things all over again, makes it harder. I have to face it sooner or later; I understand that however, it’s a different story when you’re actually the one who has to submit yourself to that situation.
Is it wrong to want to be independent? To crave for it? Certainly not, however, you have to view things to little lighter. Can I do that I ask myself, view things a little lighter and learn to let go easily? I’ve been trying but the pain keeps redoubling back.
There is progress and I’m fighting off the hurt by busying myself and concentrating on positive things however, I think I over exerted myself in that regard the past several weeks.
Fatigue is claiming me, and I am still frail from everything that has happened. Hopefully when I come back to the Philippines I can embark on the path in which it’ll heal and amend all of the wrong things that I’ve done. I will confess my doubts and my hurt to a friend I hardly know and yet have a strong connection with. A connection both of us seem to understand and I find refuge in her thoughts as I know I’ll find comfort in letting everything out; years of pent up emotions will be unleashed. I honestly don’t know what will become of it; all I know is that I need to do this, for this will be a defining moment for me.

posted by vinz @ 12:07 PM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home