VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Stalkers and Creeps
I'll Prove You Wrong
Thoughts Of Her
Wishing to Wreak Havoc
Casting Iron
A Night Of Reminiscing
Conclusion to Meandering Thoughts
Break Up
First Love
Meandering Thoughts episode 3

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Monday, March 29, 2004

The Heart Decides

“The heart decides, and what it decides is all that matters” ~Paolo Coelho

Haven’t we all shared this same experience? I can honestly say that I’ve pursued a number of women for what I thought of, my heart deciding, and not just pursuing, mind you, there was an instance that I ended a relationship because my heart decided. However, I’m not going to talk about that rather, I’m going to share something that’s been with me for more than two years…

I met her briefly and she’s been with me since, so to speak.

It was December; two weeks have passed since the play I performed on ended. I’ve cut my hair short and I was wearing a yellow shirt that day.
I texted my friend and she said that I come to her school and enjoy the lantern parade with her. I didn’t know at the time that she’s in the parade.
I commuted from my school towards hers. I met up with her a little over twenty minutes. Her class was wearing white shirts and involuntarily I participated in the parade.
It was fun though; we talked about what’s been happening with our lives and mostly fooled and joked around. As the parade moved along I saw fellow schoolmates and friends puzzled as to why was I in the parade. With everyone wearing white shirts and I, yellow, I was clearly visible.
I vividly remembered we were right in front of Vinzon’s Hall, when she, wearing a black blouse, came up to my friend and greeted her enthusiastically.
I was spellbound, and all I could do as our eyes briefly met was smile, I tried to utter words, none came.
After the short-lived moment, when she moved ahead along the line, I begged my friend to introduce us to each other and she did.
As the night carried on, I had several minutes of conversing with her; she was sweet, lively and kind.
After the parade I didn’t get the chance of getting her number, and I didn’t see her again for several months.
During the past three years I meet her occasionally at their school, when I visit my friend. Every time I visit my friend though, I try and look for her.
Eventually, I got her number however, we rarely text and she rarely replies. I might’ve done or made a wrong impression somewhere in the line when I did text her.
She is one of several people I know who is driven and takes their studies seriously. I find myself attracted to her even more when I noticed this.
I can’t stop myself wondering what if she gave me the chance to get to know me a little better maybe something might bloom? At least if she did, I’d keep the friendship if there weren’t anything to bloom.
Has my heart decided that she could be the one? Or at the most, decided that I should take another effort of getting to know her? Will God be so kind; to lend me a helping hand as to unravel what this feeling I’ve been carrying for more than two years?

posted by vinz @ 5:52 PM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home