VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Conclusion to Meandering Thoughts
Break Up
First Love
Meandering Thoughts episode 3
2002 Leave of Absence
Meandering Thoughts episode 2
Meandering Thoughts

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Monday, February 23, 2004

A Night Of Reminiscing

Night has come, a cool breeze wisps through my windows and I lie in bed; pen in hand and as I write on the yellow sheet of paper that lies before me, I attempt once again to put into words what my thoughts are of the moment.
It’s my 22nd birthday and I just finished reading my favorite book, “The Wedding” by Nicholas Sparks, for the second time. I find myself smiling as I breezed through the chapters and teary eyed to a few of the scenes. I’ve always been a sucker for romance especially when the theme involves regret and change for the better.
I guess, you could say, I’m the type of guy who would give a lady a rose for reasons of, just because it’s Wednesday.
When I do ask someone out, like a formal date, it would entail that I’ve planned the whole event a month ago. All the necessary arrangements have been set and I’ve scouted the areas we were to go, as well as timed the arrival or how long it will take to get there. In Leigh man’s terms: I’d do my uttermost to make you feel special.
On my spare time, I try to concoct ideas as to how I can present a lady that I like a gift with the feelings I wish to invoke would first be disappointment to surprise and finally, appreciation. It makes the gift more memorable.
I jot everything down on a small black notebook that my Kuya and I bought a couple of years ago.
Is it wrong to try to sweep the lady you like of her feet? I suppose, so as long as she reciprocates your feelings, it’s fine.
Please don’t misinterpret what I’ve written so far, as a way of marketing myself towards you, the reader. It is not my intention. This is simply my way of expressing myself and another means of getting to know myself.
Why do I post my articles? It is in a way so that, my friends would get to know me better and understand why at times I act in deviant. And since, I do not have the luxury of spending time with all of them, this is an excellent medium, although I do what I can to spend time with them.
To some of my friends I send quotes that I’ve learned at that particular day. Always tagged with “something to ponder on…” at the start, some of those are posted in my homepage. I wrote 90% of the time, those quotes. And is another way of expressing myself and letting them get to know me a little better.
I hold my principles dearly, it is what I think separates me from most people.
I would have to acknowledge my high school years for that. Without the crude experiences that I’ve gone through, I wouldn’t have been this adamant with holding my principles and integrity.
There are times that I retreat from the world. Spending time alone and recharging my batteries. I often meditate in an attempt to control the beasts within me. As well as reminiscing of past mistakes and regrets so as not to commit the same actions again.
I do what I must to get by with in the confines of the principles that I’ve set. I see life as something we should enjoy and appreciate.
What is excellence in paper when you can’t have time with friends? If you can pull it off then, more power to you.
What is life if you can’t appreciate it? Act now if you haven’t, one day you’re off to work and thirty years later you get home alone and you realize and wonder to what happened to the thirty years of your life. Don’t get caught up with work.
Be with friends and cherish the times that you have now, change will occur, no doubt.
Trust in yourself and learn to trust your girlfriend/boyfriend and let them be alone with their friends from time to time, if you haven’t. You know she/he loves you, have confidence in yourself. Find ways to make her fall in love with you all over again.
Live the present to its fullest, we only pass this life once.

posted by vinz @ 2:23 PM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home