VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Meandering Thoughts episode 3
2002 Leave of Absence
Meandering Thoughts episode 2
Meandering Thoughts

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Thursday, February 12, 2004

First Love

1999 was the year I met her, my first love…
It was the summer of '99 and a friend of mine introduced me to her. I noticed she was attractive; however, the thought of courting her didn't enter my mind, for I was planning on courting someone else.
The following days after I was introduced to her, I notice her sitting alone at the lower lanai patiently waiting for someone.
A week may have passed since we were introduced to each other and at the time, I was in no mood of going home early, so, seeing her sitting all alone in the lower lanai, I accompanied her and we talked effortlessly for a couple of hours or so, until the person she was waiting for arrived, which was her older brother, all along.
As the month passed, we got to know each other more and more. By that time, I talked to her more than the lady I liked.
On the last week of June, I finally began courting the lady I was planning on and I ended it in a week. I realized that I didn't like her anymore and I came to the conclusion that I was in love. I was in love with the lady who sat patiently at the lower lanai, who waited for her sibling to pick her up on that eventful afternoon.
The following night she and I conversed on the phone, I professed my ardent love towards her. After which, I received a nonchalant response. However, by this time, I knew her too well; she was smiling when she replied.
At the end of that week, I had an immersion in Mt. Banahaw, which meant we wouldn't have any opportunity of talking on the phone this weekend. On Monday the following week, we were to have lunch at one of my close friend's restaurant, it's his birthday and we were invited.
On the weekend, I got sick on the way over there. I had fever on and off that trip and the transportation we were on was, to put it in a polite term, uncomfortable. Before the exposure ended my fever left.
Sunday night, when we arrived in school, I tried to call home telling them to pick me up; I was drained and tired from the trip and the ride home. I couldn't get through my landline, it was busy.
I called the first person I thought of, and, it was she.
She answered the phone and with my voice hoarse and all, I did my best to sound cheerful and greeted her great evening and asked how was her weekend. She responded with: where was I. And I asked her for a favor to text my brother to pick me up.
Now, texting during these times was free, however, the lag was terrible.
After I hanged-up the phone, promising her that I'd call as soon as I got home and with my gratitude, she dialed my brother's cell phone and told him of my message.
Finally arriving home I talked to her for a couple of minutes, informing her that I might not attend my friend's lunch, so, that'd be her and the others there.
I didn't show up on Monday and I didn't attend my first and second period class on Tuesday (July 20, 1999). She was a bit disappointed because I wasn't in school. It was 11:45am, time for lunch, I was wearing civilian clothes and I waited for her at the upper lanai, although I didn't attend class, I wanted to have lunch with her. She was surprised as hell when she saw me.
We had lunch at the newly opened KFC at Katipunan, we walked to get there and we left walking as well.
On our way back to school I bravely held her right hand with my left, and, we looked at each other, smiled, and continued on with our conversation.
Monday, July 26, 1999. I was attending a violation seminar, I was looking outside the hallway when she popped out, and posed for a second and disappeared. I smirked so loud that Ms. Buncio called my attention (sorry Ms.!).
After the hour long seminar, she and a couple of my friends. Went out on a joy ride. My two friends kept teasing us that we're a couple. I denied it with a grin on my face.
We haven't talked about it officially.
By the end of the afternoon, she demands that we're a couple. I retorted jokingly we're not a couple since you haven't kissed me yet.
And she did.
Her sweet lips eased towards mine, while closing her eyes, instinctively, I did the same. Her soft lips touched mine and lingered for a while and at that moment I knew my life had been completed.
She was my first kiss and my first love.

posted by vinz @ 2:44 AM
| Post a Comment

2 Comments:

  1. At 4:10 PM, Blogger Yoyce said…

    true to life ba ito? :)

     

  2. At 4:41 PM, Blogger vinz said…

    yep.
    i put (fiction) on my articles if they are fiction.
    ^_^

     

  3. Post a Comment

    << Home