VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N
INTERPOSED
TAKE THE PLUNGE, PARE
BLOGGISTAS
ONCE AGAIN, I’M THINKING OF YOU
TRY?
PONDERING
RECAP
SOMETHING MISSING
STILL TREADING

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

A RECOLLECTION

A few years back I was with a friend spending the evening under the stars. We were catching up on each others’ lives; we talked about our dreams and our plans in life. I was staring at her for quite a while when she noticed I wasn’t looking up in the sky anymore, I uttered a compliment as what is natural to me.

“If only men were more like you,” she says. I’ve heard those lines before and clearly it meant that our friendship won’t go any further to a relationship. It was her subtle way of saying she’s not into me or could it be that she simply thinks that I’m sweet to what I said however; her feelings about me are mutual, I mean I can’t say I want to be committed with her. I like her, I’m attracted to her but I also like and am attracted to about a dozen woman that I know.

I didn’t reply to her compliment and instead, I patted her hand and told her for the first time what I’ve been telling close friends years later…

She responded after my monologue that whoever I end up marrying would be lucky to have me and then, she gave me a warm embrace.

I’ve known her for almost a decade now and she’s been a witness to my attempts of wooing someone and only to be turned down in the end. Maybe, that’s why I stopped believing in courtship because any attempt I made, I always get dumped by someone they just met.

I stopped looking for that potential someone; I’ve grown weary of that notion in whenever I meet someone new I think she could be the one. Instead, for the past four years, I’ve gone out and met quite a number of women. Not that I spent the night with each and every one of them, nay. Sure I dated but going out is different from dating, I simply went out and spent time with them; accompanied them shop, ran errands, watch movies they preferred and what have you. These lady friends of mine knew I was grooming myself when I meet the one for me. I grew as much as they did, I was there at their worst and I became their pillar of support.

Maybe the reason why I am showered in abundance of hugs and kisses to my cheeks when I meet with friends is because of the man I have become. They confide in confidence with me their thoughts and woes; I’ve done my best to provide them a lot of point-of-views, perspectives, advice and blatant truths. I’ve always held their best interest; I’ve always treated them with respect and affection.

posted by vinz @ 2:50 AM
| Post a Comment

2 Comments:

  1. At 2:06 AM, Blogger vinz said…

    i'd just like to add that this article is page 300 in my word document journal.. entry 226 =)

    i started writing as a new year resolution back in 2004. =)

     

  2. At 3:51 AM, Blogger Jasmin said…

    a very revealing entry =)

    "I stopped looking for that potential someone..."

    as they say, just when ur about to give up... it turns up.

    if 'looking' isn't working then try 'waiting'

    see ya soon

     

  3. Post a Comment

    << Home