VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Six Hours Of Rant
Kalas (Finish in Arabic)
Another One of Those Days
Complaints
Reminiscent Thoughts
Mapping Out My Life
233 days to go....
Hard To Find
Midnight Sessions
NOSTALGIC THOUGHTS

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Monday, August 08, 2005

Understanding Me

It is flattering to hear your friends say that they wish there were more men like me though, at the same time its heart wrenching. Why can’t there be more guys who are deserving of their affection? But then again, I am not the typical guy or so they say. Could it be the reasons for which is my background, my upbringing or the choices I have made in the past that molded me into the man I have become?
None of my friends can argue that I’m just all talk since whenever I set my mind into something I go for it, gritting my teeth as I face the odds and often enough, I miraculously come through with flying colors. Take into light when I got here. I didn’t know if I was to find work and one week into my search I landed this job; had an interview and two days later started working in this company. I’ve been blessed enough and I’m truly thankful to the almighty. Humility is what one needs to recognize in order for opportunity and success to come to them, one of the lessons in life I have learned.
I tend to have a way with words, able to say the right things with the correct intonation, expression at the right moments. It comes naturally to me, especially when I’m not pressured. I tend to be more of myself when I’m alone with someone, rarely when I’m with a group of people. The only time I can remember when a group of people saw an inkling of the real me was my retreat and last recollection in college. I may not be the guy who can naturally crack jokes and make everyone laugh until their stomachs ache however; I’ve been known to crack a few. But I’m the friend who’ll be there in your time of need if I am able, someone who has been there in their worst and at times, embarrassing moments.
I’ve been known to utter painfully honest opinions when inquired upon. I don’t have the patience nor do I feel that I have the time to come up with lies and, to think this is coming from someone who has a way with words. So, what does that tell you?
I’m not one to take a lead upon issues; I prefer to inspire people to be moved by my actions. I read about this one individual who wanted to change the world for the better, she/he tried but failed. She/He thought she’d/he’d try something smaller, so she/he tried the city she/he was living in and couldn’t as well. So, she/he decided to change her/his family for the better and that too she/he failed. She/He decided then on to change herself/himself for the better. The moral of the story for me is if you want to make a difference, start with yourself. I am grateful that I have been told that I have inspired a few; a life changing decision, an old passion rediscovered, a different means of expressing one’s self and a motivation to pursue something further that is of interest.
It seems a life time ago when a friend of mine asked what I meant when I told him presentation is key when handing someone a present. Giving a present to someone you have affection for is ordinary; the key to a lasting memory when offering someone a present is creating a story behind it regardless what the gift is. Cater to the five senses that’s the first thing I think about when I plan on giving someone a present and to be honest, it usually takes me a month to finish and be satisfied with the creativity and intricacy of the ideas I have concocted. I like to talk about it with my friends and see what their thoughts are, in a way it follows through on the perception that I’m not the typical guy. I’ve never cheated nor have I forced my affections on anyone.
I have an eye for beauty, able to bring out the best in words whether it be features or character of someone I’m conversing with or about. I believe more of the general goodness in women versus the men, and it isn’t because I studied in my college, its more I suppose because I know what my gender generally thinks. Ergo, I have little faith in men’s sincerity, there’s always a catch, a wanting to gain, to take advantage, to come up on top in regards to my gender and of course, there were rare occasions that I’ve been wrong.
There is no point to what I have written here, it’s simply my means of understanding me. A reminder of the person I am, my quirks and views. A means to pass the time.

posted by vinz @ 9:42 AM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home