VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Kalas (Finish in Arabic)
Another One of Those Days
Complaints
Reminiscent Thoughts
Mapping Out My Life
233 days to go....
Hard To Find
Midnight Sessions
NOSTALGIC THOUGHTS
A Phone Call

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Six Hours Of Rant

So, I’ve managed to save a hefty amount of cash since I’ve been working here. I’ve managed to shrug off most of my “impulse buying” attacks. And it feels so good to have something saved up in case of emergencies. Living alone for the past three years does have its advantages.
I vividly remember this one time, I ran out of cash because I’d go out and partied often. And for three days I didn’t have anything to eat… well, alright, 2 and half days. Even though I could have borrowed some cash from my trusty best bud, I didn’t, told myself this was my punishment for spending without thinking for the future. Though, I didn’t do it again (snicker), the next time I ran out of cash, I loaned some money from my trusty best bud. The difference was, I fore saw my lack of cash whenever I loaned some cash and whenever I received my allowance I paid him immediately and it wasn’t always like that, I lent him some cash too when he was in need.
I guess, this was how it started, thinking for my future when I started budgeting the allowance my parents sent me every month, during those times when I was living alone. For a time, I did all my laundry, household chores and cooking. I was fortunate enough to have hired a trust worthy household cleaner who would do the laundry and the cleaning of my home twice a week. Even if her laundry skills aren’t that good, it was still a relief to have someone clean the house in order for me to concentrate on my studies and later after graduating, concentrate on the things that I passionately love which is, writing, reading, dabbling with my pc with the different software applications I am knowledgeable at and yes, the dates I’ve had with people I met who I was attracted to and as well as the times when I went out with friends.
I wasn’t certain I’d find work, though I never thought about going back to the Philippines after three months living here. Probably at the back of my mind I was sure that everything would pan out. I still don’t know what lies ahead of me, I know I want to reach this goal but the details to get there, I haven’t figured that out yet, it’ll come to me when the time arrives.
Counting the days until my vacation has become a routine in the mornings, as soon as wake I open my Friendster account and edit the days, as of now I have two hundred and eight (208) days before I can take my leave. In a way it teaches me patience and discipline. It also gives me a sense of time to which I look forward to. Thankfully my parents have told me not to give them part of my salary after August. I can save more and it’ll be easier for me when I take my vacation.
Sometimes life demands a change so that one can grow and develop as an individual, my life changes constantly every year. I’ve grown so much during my years of living independently and sadly, I have to admit that I’ve barely grown as a person living here though; I have to say in the aspect of work related experience I have grown and learned a lot. I’m currently living a droned life and what keeps me sane are the people I left in the Philippines and the people I met online. I’d probably be playing pc games or I would have bought a playstation2 if there weren’t websites like Friendster, Multiply and Blogspot. I’ve been avoiding video games because it takes a toll in my life, I don’t accomplish anything when I play and I am improving at nothing. Regardless, it passes the time, I avoid it whenever I can, I prefer helping friends with what I can and making them smile with the little things that I do.
I wonder what life I will lead when I finally have someone to come home to. Will I pass by the florist before I head home every once in a while? Will I be able to converse with her without noticing the time? I know the value of having time alone, because I need it from time to time, I tend to sink into my own world, a need to recharge my batteries and during the weekends here, I tend to do just that. For the past week I’ve been offline in my YM messenger and I was flattered that I received a few offline messages inquiring where I was. I’ve practically been online 24/7 for the past months. And whenever a friend needs my console they’d simply go online and ping me a message, I usually find myself waking at the wee hours of the morning chatting with friends that I hold dear.
A friend of mine recently asked for a favor, and to be honest, I relish these moments when they need me. I think it’s the best thing in the world helping someone you know, I prefer helping people I know instead of helping someone I just met or strangers. Anyhow, my heart is overwhelmed with joy as I read through her replies with joy and appreciation. My first love taught me the value of making someone smile without expecting anything; it is one of the greatest lessons in life that I learned.
Generally speaking, things are fine. I’ve gotten closer to some of my friends when I was leaving and I met new people via Multiply and more or less have gotten close to them as well. I got reacquainted with a childhood friend that I’ve longed to communicate with, got in touch with old friends that I thought I’d never get to. They keep me sane, it’s hard living here where you’ve been restricted with so many things that you’ve grown accustomed to and sometimes it takes its toll on you. Just a little more patience, time flies and I just realized I’ve been writing this piece of article on and off for the past six hours.

posted by vinz @ 11:01 AM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home