VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

A FRIEND IN NEED
I’VE SORELY MISSED YOU
STRESSED AND WORRIED
SLUMBER PARTY & WORDS PER DAY
A MOMENT OF RAGE
A FEW ENCOURAGING WORDS & THANKS
A SUDDEN FEELING OF LONELINESS
RIGHT TIMING?
Latest Portrait of Art and Updates
Grad Video, Weight Gain & A Crappy Professor

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

FAVORS AND WHIMS

The things that I do for my friends; I’ve known this one friend of mine for 3 years now and she knows by now that I in general detest men. That’s a bit harsh, let’s rephrase that, I tend to detest most of the men I meet. And her boy friend is not an exemption to that rule. I don’t know why, there are simply matters in life that we tend to oppose on and this is one of them.
I’ve been known to edit photos through Adobe Photoshop. It’s a hobby of mine, an artistic outlet for me, and it calms me when I work with photos that I think that are reputable in regards to beauty or aesthetics.
Anyhow, she has been aware of this little hobby of mine and she wanted me to edit this photo for her boyfriend, and MY GOD. She wants me to edit a photo in which the guy is in his swimming trunks? Yes people; the swimming trunk isn’t the boxer type, yes, yes, sure, the guy is a gym instructor and he has a toned body. Still, I can’t help but feel disgust in what she wants me to do. It’s acceptable if it’s family but some guy that I have opposing personalities with?
Regardless to what I felt, I did the favor she asked me to. I had to grit my teeth and hold my stomach, but its fine. I shouldn’t complain since I made her happy. Hope she’s satisfied with it.
On towards a different matter, my younger brother got home at almost 1:00am, I didn’t say anything why he was so damn late since, I know how hard it is living here though, he forgot to turn off a switch in the car and it ran out of battery this morning. I have to take a cab again tonight.
If anyone from my family were here they would have lectured him, I didn’t. I mean, he’s already angry at himself for forgetting the switch, why add more tension? I just hope my younger brother realizes that and not that I don’t care. I was thinking about it on my ride over here to work, and well, I thought about what if I had a family of my own? This would probably one of my methods of teaching my children though; I’d have a sincere talk with them as to why I’ve dealt with them as such, so they’d understand my perspective.
My younger brother is a great man; he’s very clean and decent although, he does have this knack of thinking for himself and not the people he’s living with. I hate it that I worry about him so much; I know he can handle himself pretty well but, in this country? The risks turn up a notch. I’m glad though that he’ll be moving on this January, where in he’ll be continuing his college degree. One of my dreams is seeing him get a four year diploma on stage and capturing that moment in video. Soon though, I have to be prepared when that time comes, more or less two years from now.
I can’t believe we’re all grown men, time flies; it seems only yesterday that we were spending an afternoon in front of the television playing video games, fooling around and playing with what action figures we had. Though, I can’t honestly say who he is now as a person. There are matters we don’t talk about because it feels awkward to, I suppose it’s because of the upbringing we had. I admire my brothers so much and I see it in their eyes that they feel the same way regarding what I see through them.
We will be great that I know. One of the things my older brother said to me that I haven’t forgotten and that stuck by me is that, God wouldn’t give us these trials not unless he was certain we can accomplish it. In three years time I plan to be financially secured and after that I intend to start my own family.

posted by vinz @ 5:16 AM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home