VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Blog Update
I Wanted To Be a Poet
Men Vying for Committed Women
Evening Epiphany
Quality Control for Quality Men ~01
Reflection on the Glorietta tragedy
LRT COINCIDENCE
Monthsary and Meeting the Parents
Sensible Convos or is it Nosebleed Convos?
Jitters

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Monday, December 24, 2007

Wish List

A couple of weeks back she asked what my Christmas wish would be and on and off over the past few days / weeks it tends to pop up in my mind whether it’d be when I'm walking the streets of Ortigas, of my village, of Libis or wherever I tend to find myself wandering Manila nowadays.

And oddly enough, as I was browsing / hopping from blogs an old item that I wanted to buy in the past came up. I have tried to purchase one of these said items when I was abroad however failed to acquire one and probably because I didn’t try hard enough or perhaps, I wasn’t in the mood to barter / interact sales talks with Pakistanis, Bangladeshis. It's hard interacting with them without my mom around to deal with the bartering and I guess I also didn’t have the patience to walk around all night and try to get me one when I could be at the comforts of my own home relaxing from a 10-12hour shift from work.

Unwinding is a must from my previous line of work.

Anyhow, the item I would put in my wish list would be a shoe-tree. It's a wooden clog shaped like a shoe that you put in your leather shoes, to absorb the smell and keep the figure of the shoe.

Also, I realized that I need a seamstress to have pants I will purchase in the future to fit me, the same goes with sleeves for work. The great thing about living here in the Philippines is that you can afford a seamstress to customize fitting of clothes you purchase.

Let's see now, I have mentioned 2 items for my wish list and the third would have to be a metal / brass book marker, something similar to what my younger brother received. It's a brass pin bookmarker and I think it's so cool that he has one and I want one too. Too bad he isn't a reader like me though then again, I'm like the only reader in the family.

I have decided on cancelling my subscription on that online game I've been playing for two years. I will be concentrating all my efforts in the coming New Year in getting a job that would either entail comfort in terms of commute or furthering my career. I have in my mind several scenarios on what would happen and what my plans would be for the next 6 months to come career wise.

Let me just point out that the game taught me a lot about myself and it was until lately when I was in reflection about it that I have applied the things I learned in college towards the game. I applied the concept of supply and demand on selling in-game items, I developed / nurtured a network of suppliers and mostly customers that required my chosen profession in the game (in this case it was alchemy, herbalism and enchanting), and it's fulfilling in a way reading in-game mail of orders and needs of what they wish to purchase, it makes you think about your capability or the integrity and reputation I have garnered myself in playing in this game, in this particular server.

I am in that state of mind where I’m driven in accomplishing a goal i.e. work.

Back to the wish list; honestly, the first thing that comes to mind right now on my wish list isn't anything material, it's something more but I don't feel like divulging that information here.

I haven't been posting anything here lately but that doesn't mean I haven’t been writing.

Labels:

posted by vinz @ 12:41 AM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home