VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

SUBTLETY
BAD, tsk
LOSING MY MIND
I CARE LESS
ESCAPADES 5
YOU’RE A SICK, SICK MAN…
BUMP
CURRENT SONG PLAYING UNDER MANTRA
A RECOLLECTION
V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Friday, May 05, 2006

5 YEAR PLAN

I recently lurked at iwoman's blog and her recent article was about 5 year plans. I thought of my five year plan and where I am now. I planned one when I graduated from college and here it is:

2004 – Graduate from College. Take a break and relax. Start up a business with friends I've had a rollercoaster history with, the bond of friendship and trust have been tempered and tested in time.

Result: I did graduate from college, took my break and relaxed to a degree however; neither being able to pay my own bills, nor being able to earn a living takes its toll on you. The business didn't push through; it wasn’t feasible not being landlords being so god-damn-greedy.

2005 – Spend a year with my parents, find a job. Get the stuff I always wanted. SAVE.

Result: spent more than a year with parents. Found a job. Bought the items I wanted to buy, in a practical way. I didn't save.

2006 – Study and get lots of certificate courses to specialize in this certain field however; in a more managerial position. SAVE. Get certified with Windows and Adobe.

Result – I finished two courses already, I might take up three on the next cluster. No time for days off. I treat studying as work. I've saved quite a few already. Hopefully I'll be confident enough to take those certified exams by the end of the year. I've been practicing when I have time.

2007 – Classified.

2008 – I'm praying I'm finally committed by this time and I'm financially secured (happy with my job as well), i.e. paying for a home/condo, own a car (a couple of cars *laughs*) and have enough to save for a rainy day.

I'm getting there, I won't make the same mistake someone I know did. I'll be tenacious in achieving my goals and push through despite my nature of being lazy.

I've been seeing a lot of wedding photos lately, and I envy them. Anyhow, I if do get married, I want my honeymoon to be in Amanpulo, a week in Amanpulo. And yes, I'm already saving up for it. tsk.

posted by vinz @ 3:19 AM
| Post a Comment

1 Comments:

  1. At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Good plans :-) Ambitious but at the same time totally achievable. Hope you it all works out.

     

  2. Post a Comment

    << Home