VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

CHRISTMAS AND IT’S A SUNDAY
ESCAPADES volume 3 (fiction)
BOOKS
BOAT RIDE (some time in June-August of 2001)
A PRAYER IN TIMES OF STRIFE
HONESTLY...
A MORNING WITH BRATTY N.L.D. (fiction... daw*lol*)
STANDSTILL
PREORDAINED NOTIONS
YOU AND I COLLIDE

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

POETRY READING

A friend introduced me a month ago to Pablo Neruda and apparently, she noticed a similarity with his works with one of the poems (Quick Sand) I’ve written.
I write poems but I rarely read poems by other poets. As of late I’ve been reading e.e. cummings’ poems and of course, Pablo Neruda.

Sonnet XVII
By Pablo Neruda

I do not love you as if you were salt-rose, or topaz,
or the arrow of carnations the fire shoots off.
I love you as certain dark things are to be loved,
in secret, between the shadow and the soul.

I love you as the plant that never blooms
but carries in itself the light of hidden flowers;
thanks to your love a certain solid fragrance,
risen from the earth, lives darkly in my body.

I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where.
I love you straightforwardly, without complexities or pride;
so I love you because I know no other way

than this: where I does not exist, nor you,
so close that your hand on my chest is my hand,
so close that your eyes close as I fall asleep.

IF YOU FORGET ME
By Pablo Neruda

I want you to know
one thing.

You know how this is:
if I look
at the crystal moon, at the red branch
of the slow autumn at my window,
if I touch
near the fire
the impalpable ash
or the wrinkled body of the log,
everything carries me to you,
as if everything that exists,
aromas, light, metals,
were little boats
that sail
toward those isles of yours that wait for me.

Well, now,
if little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you little by little.

If suddenly
you forget me
do not look for me,
for I shall already have forgotten you.

If you think it long and mad,
the wind of banners
that passes through my life,
and you decide
to leave me at the shore
of the heart where I have roots,
remember
that on that day,
at that hour,
I shall lift my arms
and my roots will set off
to seek another land.

But
if each day,
each hour,
you feel that you are destined for me
with implacable sweetness,
if each day a flower
climbs up to your lips to seek me,
ah my love, ah my own,
in me all that fire is repeated,
in me nothing is extinguished or forgotten,
my love feeds on your love, beloved,
and as long as you live it will be in your arms
without leaving mine.

speaking of love(of... (LV)
by e.e. cummings

speaking of love(of
which Who knows the
meaning;or how dreaming
becomes

if your heart's mind)i
guess a grassblade
Thinks beyond or
around(as poems are

made)Our picking it. this
caress that laugh
both quickly signify
life's only half(through

deep weather then
or none let's feel
all)mind in mind flesh
In flesh succeeding disappear

posted by vinz @ 12:05 AM
| Post a Comment

5 Comments:

  1. At 8:04 PM, Blogger Steffi said…

    these are amazing. thank you for posting them.

     

  2. At 8:08 PM, Blogger vinz said…

    you're welcome. ^_^
    so far, i'm the only guy i know that reads pablo neruda.. :)
    and pablo is the reason why i'm writing poems again.. along with e.e.cummings of course ;)

     

  3. At 2:45 AM, Blogger vinz said…

    i'm NOT alone.
    hahahah
    finally a guy who reads neruda.
    bwhahaha... >:)
    yah the tonight i can write the saddest lines is one of my favorites too. :)

     

  4. At 2:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    OH MY GAB (sleepdreamer) !!!lolz that's my favorite POEM! I love pablo neruda. See, ur not alone vinzi =)

     

  5. At 12:36 PM, Blogger vinz said…

    sorry to here that gab..
    if it makes you feel better i LENT a girl i used to date my mandy moore CDs. she never returned it, i never recovered from getting my cds back.. i bought a couple of them from her concert there and the other was sent to me from the states.. curse her.. haahha >:)

     

  6. Post a Comment

    << Home