VINZI'S LIFE: making it happen...

inked

Mai
jEff
Nadja
Katia
Imani
Kristate

Recent Posts

Pleasant Little Nothings
A Few Words That Need To Be Said
Flux
Capturing One's Heart
Subsequent Headaches
Faith, Dispute, Priorities
Retreating Into Darkness
Silence
Leap Of Faith: To Fly, To Glide or To Fall
In Pursuit Of One's Emotions

Archive

January 2004
February 2004
March 2004
April 2004
May 2004
June 2004
July 2004
August 2004
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
March 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
December 2010

Kudos to

Subscribe



person/s reading



Powered by Blogger

Friday, November 26, 2004

Mourning My Uncle's Loss

I suppose he’s the second father figure I’ve known. The first was my grandfather and the third my father. He’s not a blood relative nor is he an in-law. He was my auntie’s ex-boyfriend and yet, he’s the best and coolest Uncle I’ve ever had and known.
He used to arrange his schedule in De La Salle University so that he could spend time with my siblings and I at home. He used to bring us to Manuela and S.M. to have fun at the rides in the arcade or watch movies and afterwards, eat at Jollibee or Mc Donald’s. He was there when our dog Whitey bit my arm, although I didn’t receive any wounds but it did hurt, he rubbed alcohol and blew the magical blow as parents do to there children when hurt, as if the pain would miraculously go away, however, it did make me feel better. I’ve had more memories of him and my Grandpa than my own parents when we still haven’t migrated abroad.
He was for me, the epiphany of the cool uncle, that I plan to be to my future nieces and/or nephews of my siblings.
Everyone knew he will be a great father and he is. It pains me deeply that my dream of spending time with him, conversing and laughing the night and day away will never come to pass. I regret, not saying that I love him deeply as family even though, I knew in my heart he knows so.
I still have the letter he sent me all those years ago, he said he loves me and was proud of the man I’m becoming. He is one of my role models, a benchmark of being a man as well.
God has taken him abruptly from us and I can’t begin to imagine the density of the void of him being gone in our lives, especially to the family he left.
It’s hard to believe that merely 3 weeks have passed since I was rushed to the E.R. and I truly thought I would be a goner. Thank heavens I’m still here and from the experience I realize to appreciate more of life and the magnitude of keeping yourself and your diet healthy. The incident could have been avoided if I have been careful of my diet and ironically, the same thing happened to my uncle and it didn’t turn out fine.
My beloved uncle has passed away but the memory of him lives on and I promise, if I’ll have a son, I’ll honor his memory by giving him his name. I love him and I miss him dearly…

posted by vinz @ 3:50 PM
| Post a Comment

0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home